Monday, November 11, 2013

Privileged

I am privileged. I live in a privileged world. I come from a privileged family. I have grown up living a privileged life. I do not take the life I have for granted. In a world with so much heartache, pain, and suffering, I can find comfort knowing that I had the privilege of growing up somewhere I did not have to experience so much pain, so much suffering, so much sadness. I'm not saying I've never felt pain and that I've never faced heartache, but the challenges I've faced are so different than the challenges other people face. Sometimes, I feel that I might take my challenges for granted. While the concept may be difficult to grasp, I know I need to be grateful for all of the challenges that I have faced. The challenges I have faced have helped build my character, but they have never been overwhelming to the point where I felt that I needed to quit. 

Life's daily obstacles are there to build character, teach lessons, and encourage us to keep moving forward. God will never give us more than we can handle, He will never push us past our breaking point, He will never leave us with a problem we cannot solve.

Life is a challenge, but it is also simple. Life is chaotic, but life is pure. Life is a gift, one that should not be taken lightly.

Finding beauty in all things is one of the many gifts God has given us.
Contrary to what most people say, don't live everyday like it is your last. Live everyday like you've just been given life. Live everyday like it is the first day you've been born. Try new things, participate in new experiences, broaden your horizons, and never lose faith. There is beauty all around us, but that beauty is only visible to us if we take the time to seek it out.

Move forward, live your life, but never lose sight of who you are and what you have been given. Do not look down upon your obstacles, but embrace them. Turn your weaknesses into strength, use your strengths to defeat your negativity, and most importantly, believe in the person you are today, but also the person you will be tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment