Saturday, February 7, 2015

Betrayal.

Sometimes, life throws us curves balls. And sometimes, life throws us tornadoes. One of the worst feelings in the world is having someone betray your trust. What's even worse is when that person is someone very close with you and someone that you thought would trust you enough even in the worst of situations. Whenever I hear about outrageous stories or situations people often find themselves in, I think to myself, that could never happen to me, because I could not imagine anyone I know getting themselves into such a situation.
It was only recently I found that I was wrong about that. When you learn something you never thought was even possible about someone close to you, someone you love, it truly is heartbreaking. How could you  have given this person every chance, every opportunity to be honest with you only to have them destroy every bit of trust you once held for them? How is it possible that someone so kind, so young, so seemingly innocent, turn out to be someone you never even imagined they could be? I am not sure how to process what I'm feeling, but there are just no words to express how betraying and upsetting it is to discover someone you have worked hard to care for and support has been lying not only to you, but to everyone around you.
The lying isn't even the worst part, it's just how well they were able to lie. How could someone lie so well about so many things? How could someone who had every opportunity in the world throw everything away? How could someone not realize how truly amazing their life was? Each of us is given a precious gift on this earth, and it is such a sad thing to see that gift be destroyed, ripped apart, and completely disregarded.
I don't think I've ever been so shocked by a turn of events, as I never thought I would discover such things to be true of someone I thought I knew quite well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment