Sunday, January 2, 2011

Xronia Polla!

   Looking back, 2010 has been quite a year. There were ups and downs, but I now realize the purpose and the plan behind every obstacle in my path. I remember how much I hurt, how sad I was at times, and how much I hated and wished & wished & wished for the easy way out. I must say, those times certainly were not pleasant, but I understand now that they were necessary for me to grow and strengthen my relationship with Christ. That relationship should always be my first priority, and this year, I really want to keep that in mind.
   I feel that I have grown so much over these past few months, and I have a completely different outlook on life. I can only hope that my mentality remains the same and that I have patience for any hardships 2011 may bring, and that I may embrace every second of joy that I am blessed with, keeping in mind why I am blessed with them. I want to thank God for a truly amazing year. Without Him, I would not be able to look back with the understanding that I now have.


   Today, as I sat in church listening to the sermon, I started to evaluate my "new year's resolutions". A resolution should go beyond just "eating healthy" or "less procrastination", a resolution should encompass at least one thing that would allow for spiritual growth or pleasing God in some way. I really want to work on maintaining and strengthening my relationship with God. I feel that it is so easy to lose sight of that relationship and blur the lines between happiness from God and happiness from this world. I can say that I am grateful all that I want, and I can say that I will actively live out God's word all that I want, but nothing matters unless I follow through with my word. I want to be an active believer. I want to live out my faith on a daily basis. I cannot do it alone, and I know that God will be with me every step of the way. This is His year.


"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do"
James 1:22-25


No comments:

Post a Comment