Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Birthday.


Happy Birthday to the world’s most beautiful woman. I only wish I had the opportunity to celebrate it with you. I know that this is the first birthday for you, in quite some time, that you are able to celebrate pain-free and in a place of peace. I know it’s been almost three months now, but I remember everything like it was yesterday. I miss you grams, I have trouble picturing my future and the ups and down it holds without having you by my side. I wish you could be here with me when I graduate college, when I start my first job, when I walk down the aisle, when I have my first child, when I take another step forward in my life. I really wish I could share it with you. You were always ecstatic to hear about my day or what I had to say no matter how insignificant it may have been. Two years ago, my sisters and I wrote you letters for your birthday. I keep mine in my wallet now, I was so surprised you kept them, considering I hadn’t remembered even writing my own. Every little thing mattered so much to you. The reason you were able to stay positive despite the circumstances is because you only saw the beauty in life. You only saw everything wonderful, you were not phased by the little things, you were not upset by life’s minor detours. You constantly proved to me that happiness can overcome all feelings of anger if that happiness is supported with love. The love you’ve shown for every person you were in contact with is incredible. I’m still in awe with your patience, compassion, and infinite understanding. Grandma, I love you. Happy birthday to you, I’m so happy that you are in a place of comfort and peace, though I will always hold a bit of sadness that you cannot be here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment