Monday, October 18, 2010

It's the little things that count.

Today was quite interesting.

   I have decided that I am going to write my causal paper on my faith. I find the timing to be kind of perfect for me to write this paper. I am actually really excited to start writing and researching for it. The little things everyday make realize how important it is for me to stay strong. I have no idea how anything is going to work out for me. I am kind of weary about the future right now, but I know God won't let me down. I cannot control the future, I cannot change the past, and I certainly cannot fix the present. My faith is the only thing that remains constant in my life and is the only thing I have I have complete control over. For that, I am grateful. I feel like I say that a lot, but even so, never is it any less true.
   At practice today, we took a different route on our run in the forest preserve. Everything was so beautiful. I find it really uplifting and calming to see all the colors of fall coming together in one place. I felt like I was in a different world. I didn't have to worry about anything, I was just in awe with nature's beauty. It's days like these when I know God is looking out for me, and I am that much stronger in trusting him.

No comments:

Post a Comment