Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Reality.

   So, it's a beautiful Autumn day outside! I have a pretty good feeling about today. It's so nice out, and I'm thinking a study break in the park, or better yet, studying in the park is a stupendous idea. I am really glad I was finally able to sleep. I think that after a few more nights of good rest, I'll be much more lively. Though, what I'm really concerned about is being prepared for Saturday. Saturday is conference for Cross Country. I'm really nervous, but at the same time, I"m incredibly excited. I've been working hard all season, and even though I don't know what to expect, I'm almost positive my hard work will pay off.
   For some reason, just writing what I am thinking really helps me relax. I worry so much all the time with just about everything. However, I really try my best not to worry, and to put all my trust in God. The less I think about my troubles, the more quickly I am able to complete my tasks. I have found that by not thinking about all of the little details and taking life on day at a time, things have certainly improved. For once, I feel like things are really well. I am completely unsure of what exactly will happen over the next week or so, but I have a pretty good feeling it will work out in my favor.
   I must say, lately I have really started relying on my faith, not that I didn't before, it's just that now, I've realized how much I have to be thankful for. I have so many different components in my life to be grateful for. Sometimes I wonder why I never realized this before. It saddens me that some people don't always see the good in their life. I believe that everyone has so much to be thankful for, but they might not always realize it.
   The key to being happy is opening your eyes and seeing all that you already have. Happiness is not something you can buy or make, it is something you already have, you just need to find it. That can be the hardest part, especially when it seems like absolutely nothing is ever going to work out. I've certainly felt that way before, and it was probably one of the most unpleasant things I've ever experienced. However, life goes on, and I soon realized that there are more important things to focus on. I am so glad I have finally been able to put things into perspective. I have learned to balance my thoughts in a way so that the scale tips towards my happiness rather than staying weighed down with negativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment